Saturday, May 21, 2016

Lolirock Season 1 Review

So, I finished Lolirock not that long ago and of course I have to review it. Not only is blogging easier than youtube but I kind of enjoy it more. It feels less awkward and stuff. Perhaps, that's just me being lazy.

Back to Lolirock.

Lolirock is a french cartoon based off of Mahou Shoujo cartoons in Japan. It follows Iris, Talia, and Auriana as they try to keep their town safe, get stronger to save their world Ephedia, and be a girl band. It was kind of odd to me when I first started watching it but I first started watching it dubbed...

DO NOT WATCH LOLIROCK DUBBED IN ENGLISH.

I know it sounds cliche, anime fans say it all the time, but most of the time the anime sounds decent dubbed and it's just them being an elitist. Lolirock's English voice-overs are horrendous. All the main girls sound the same and there was a point where I googled to see if they actually all did have the voice actress. Watching it in French will enhance the watching experience, I will promise you that.

The animation is adorable, awkward sometimes but really adorable. I have a soft spot for shiny animation. The music was catchy to me. I enjoyed the music a lot and have no problems with a lot of the songs. I'm really hoping that the group will be expanded in the next season... Please let this happen.

Verdict: Good For Mahou Shoujo Lovers
Rating: 3 Stars (Out of 5)
Favorite Characters: Izira, Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment